Seeking Intermediate and Middle School Teachers
Christ Church Cathedral School (CCCS) is an Anglican Elementary and Middle School in downtown Victoria. We have provided an outstanding educational experience to students from diverse ethnic, religious, and family backgrounds since 1990. As a welcoming and inclusive school, we welcome students from homes in neighbourhoods across the Greater Victoria Area.
We focus on building children’s leadership capacity through direct experience in local and global social activism. We believe strong literacy, numeracy, and technology skills are essential for a robust, successful, and modern democratic society. We work to ensure our students are ready to participate in that society actively.
Christ Church Cathedral School has a wonderful community feeling with staff who are proud to continue working here for many years. Our student retention is consistently 90 – 95%. We boast a solid and collaborative team of teachers, educational assistants, support workers, and school leadership. We are proud of our progressive culture in the school and our founding church. Our classrooms are very well-resourced, and we have a great adult-to-student ratio. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and plenty of prep time for our teachers.
Christ Church Cathedral School is now accepting applications from middle school teachers who understand and appreciate preadolescents’ and adolescents’ unique developmental and social needs and can challenge and empower their students in an engaging and safe environment. We invite you to learn more about our school by visiting our website at: https://cathedralschool.ca/
We are seeking teachers for the following positions:
- Grade 4 teacher
- Grade 5 teacher (0.4 FTE)
- Middle School teacher
- Valid membership with the Teacher Regulation Branch (TRB) of the Ministry of Education of BC
- Successful experience teaching intermediate or middle school students, depending on the position
Strong candidates will:
- have excellent interpersonal skills
- have excellent oral and written communication skills
- exhibit good humour, flexibility, enthusiasm, openness, and honesty
- be exemplary teachers in all core subjects (math, science, language arts, social studies, and others as necessary)
- have demonstrated the ability to use technology to support student learning
- be willing and able to engage students in technology learning (coding, robotics, and other STEM learning activities)
- know how to differentiate student learning effectively
- be able to collaborate, plan, organize, and contribute to the effectiveness of the school team
- have experience with a variety of teaching and assessment strategies that will engage a diverse group of students and put those students at the centre of their own learning process
- be able and willing to contribute to our extensive extra-curricular programming
- be able to work well under the pressures experienced by excellent teachers everywhere, as well as the ability to manage their personal stress through balanced life activities.
We will accept applications between now and May 12, 2023, at 4:00 pm. Please send your cover letter, resume, three professional references, and proof of BC teacher certification to The Personnel Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your interest in joining our wonderful team.